Open call 2015 Climate Project of Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment. (Until April 15)
Until April 15, will be open the fourth call for Climate Projects 2015 Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment.
The purpose of these projects promote climate is decrease (or even prevent) emissions in sectors such as agriculture, transport, domestic, the waste or fluorinated gases. With this call, low-carbon activities are supported through the purchase of verified emission reductions of greenhouse gases.
The budget for these projects is over 15 million euros that will allow carbon fund acquires FES-verified CO2 emission reductions generated by the winning projects.
Emission reductions acquired through FES-CO2 require compliance with certain requirements, including those set out in Article 7 of Decree 1494/2011
, of 24 October, by which the Carbon Fund is regulated to Sustainable Economy:
- Its implementation should not come as required by the sectoral regulations that are applicable to them. Any activity that is required by local and international regulations, European, national, regional or may not generate reductions that may be acquired by the FES-CO2.
- They should contribute to the fulfillment of the quantified emission limitation or reduction of emissions made by Spain by achieving reductions that are reflected in the Inventory of Greenhouse Gases. Projects must involve reductions in greenhouse gas measurable and verifiable greenhouse, so they have to reflect the national inventory. The project sponsor shall submit proposals allowing an actual measurement of emissions reductions associated, so that it has a reflection in the national GHG inventory and verification by a third party to perform that role recognized by the Executive Committee of FESCO2.
- The emission reductions of greenhouse gas generating facilities shall not be subject to trading scheme allowances, in order to avoid cases of double counting. It is precluded from being recognizable through the FES-CO2 project activity or any part thereof affecting a facility or industry that is collected in the cases identified Law 1/2005, of March 9, and Law 13 / 2010, dated July 5, governing the system of trading emission of greenhouse gases.
- There may at any time be recognized as JI projects. A project whose climate reductions are acquired through FESCO2 not receive approval in any case, parallel or later, to be developed in accordance with a scheme of Joint Implementation, and vice versa.
- Verified emission reductions can not be used under the trading scheme allowances regulated by Law 1/2005, of March 9, and not be subject to any binding delivery trading system of allowances. Under no circumstances are verified reductions as a result of climate projects may be submitted by a facility subject to the rules of emission trading (EU ETS) or binding otrosistema trading of allowances for the fulfillment of its obligations under these regimes .
- Verified emission reductions are calculated according to approved by the Governing Council of methodologies. In this regard, taking particular account of methodologies for similar projects in the field of flexible mechanisms of the Kyoto Protocol. The Governing Board shall be published on the website of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment approved methodologies.
The three previous editions have served to approve some 100 proposals for emissions reductions that also allowed to create sustainable jobs. The Climate projects are a reality and an essential tool for combating climate change.
Some characteristics of the Climate Projects are its location, always take place under the Spanish territory and will be held in the "diffuse sectors" that are not subject to the European trading scheme allowances such as transport, agriculture, etc ...
There are two types of projects:
Traditional Climate Project: corresponding to the project which takes into account one or more activities defined, with specific date for its launch.
Program Activities: corresponding to a broader approach to project with several activities to be added to the program allowing similar activities can be grouped and organized into a single program.
See RD 1492/2011